ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NEET- MDS 2017
- 1. The candidate must be an Indian National /Person of India Origin /Overseas Citizen of India card holder possessing BDS degree from a Dental College recognized by the Government of India under the Dentist Act, 1948 and has obtained provisional or permanent BDS registration and has completed one year (12 months) of compulsory rotatory internship in an approved /recognized Dental College to be eligible to appear in NEET-MDS 2017.
- The condition of one year Compulsory Rotatory Internship is not applicable to those candidate who had passed their final BDS Examination on or before 1988 and hold a recognised degree of BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) awarded by an Indian University, in respect of recognised Dental College under Section 10(2) of the Dentists Act, 1948 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- No condonation of Internship of 12 months period shall be accepted except (i) the students of the batch admitted during the academic session 2007-2008 and have completed 4½ year BDS Course alongwith 06 months compulsory rotatory internship and (ii) the students admitted during the academic session 2006-2007 at Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University and have completed 05 years BDS Course without internship.
- However, a candidate who after passing the final qualifying examination (BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GOI/DCI), is undergoing 12-month compulsory rotatory internship/practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31st March 2017 can take up this examination, but he/she shall not be eligible for admission unless he/she has completed the compulsory rotatory internship and obtained provisional or permanent registration on or before 31st March 2017 or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of Institution that he/she will be completing internship by 31st March 2017.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date, shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.
- The cut off dates for the recognition of the Dental Colleges, from where the candidates have passed, must have a recognised degree of BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) awarded by an Indian University, in respect of recognised Dental College under Section 10(2) of the Dentists Act, 1948 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2017 will be 31st Oct 2016. The Colleges recognized after this date will not be considered.
- Registration with State Dental Councils is necessary and its documentary proof has to be furnished at the time of counseling. 15
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seats. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana shall be eligible to apply for admission. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir to the Deputy Director (Examinations) National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029 along with the print out of the acknowledgement of submission of online application for NEET-MDS 2017 latest by 2nd November 2016. (Copy of the affidavit is annexed at Annexure-II). However, the restriction on candidates from the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telengana shall not apply to the categories pertaining to Armed Forces for ‘Grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps’ and for MDS admissions in Armed Forces Institutes.
- Some of the Universities/institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing any PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard. NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are denied admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
- A candidate can register and appear for NEET- MDS 2017 only once for admission to the academic year 2017-2018.
Please follow and like us: