As per MDS course Regulations 2017: It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to
have temporary registration with DCI at the time of writing NEET-MDS. Foreign
Nationals can write NEET-MDS without DCI registration. Provided that in the case of a
foreign national, the following procedure shall be followed: The Council may, on payment
of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the
post-graduate training restricted to the dental college/institution to which he or she is
admitted for the time being exclusively for post-graduate studies: Provided further that
temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such
person is duly registered as medical practitioner in his/her own country from which
he/she has obtained his/her basics dental qualification and that his/her degree is
recognized by the corresponding state dental council or concerned authority.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotatory
Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date, shall be treated as final and
candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotatory Resident
Internship completion certificate at the time of counseling.
- The cut off dates for the recognition of the Dental Colleges, from where the candidates
have passed, must have a recognised degree of BDS awarded by an Indian
University, in respect of recognised Dental College under Section 10(2) of the Dentists
Act, 1948 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India and
completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2018 will be 31st Oct 2017.
The Colleges recognized after this date will not be considered.
- Registration with State Dental Councils is necessary and its documentary proof has to
be furnished at the time of counseling.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-MDS 2018 will not be permitted to
appear in the examination and/or counseling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible
candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-MDS 2018, the results/
candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
- Requests for appearing in NEET-MDS 2018 from candidates completing internship after
31st March 2018 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per Dentists Act shall
be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
The cutoff date for completion of internship towards determination of eligibility
for appearing in NEET-MDS 2018 shall be 31.03.2018
- Some of the Universities/institutions are having regulations that candidates who are
already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not
- eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already
pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying
for a seat under All India Quota may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University
in this regard. NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are
denied admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their
own risk and cost.
- A candidate can register and appear for NEET- MDS 2018 only once for admission to
the academic year 2018-2019. Candidates submitting multiple application form will
not be allowed to appear in NEET-MDS.