1.What is National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Postgraduates?
NEET-MDS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single
entrance examination to various Post Graduate Dental Courses as per Indian Dental
Council Act, 1948. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level,
shall be valid for entry to MDS Courses w. e. f. Admission Session – 2019.
2. Is NEET – MDS 2019 a mandatory test?
Yes, NEET-MDS is a mandatory test for gaining admission to any Postgraduate
Dental Courses for 2019 admission session.
3. Who is eligible to take NEET – MDS 2019?
Candidates in possession of BDS degree/Provisional BDS Pass Certificate from a
Dental College/Institute duly recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Dental
Council Act, possessing either a permanent or provisional registration certificate of
BDS or equivalent qualification issued by the Dental Council of India / State Dental
Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the same
on or before 31st March 2019 may apply for NEET-MDS.
4. Who will be conducting NEET – MDS 2019?
National Board of Examinations (NBE) will be conducting the NEET-MDS 2019.
5. When will NEET – MDS 2019 be conducted?
NEET-MDS will be conducted on 14th Dec 2018.
Counseling for State quota seats
1. Who will be eligible for State quota seats?
Candidates who are in possession of BDS degree / Provisional Pass Certificate
recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Dental Council Act 1956 and
possess permanent / provisional registration certificate of BDS qualification
issued by the Dental Council of India/ State Dental Council and have completed
one year of internship / likely to complete on or before 31 March 2019 and has
qualified NEET-MDS 2019. The eligibility for pursuing MDS courses shall be as
per the rules, regulations, reservation policies, domicile criteria and guidelines of
the concerned States/UT.
2. Who will determine the final merit list for State quota seats?
The merit list for State quota seats will be determined by the concerned State
authority using NEET-MDS 2019 marks and as per applicable Regulation and/ or
their eligibility criteria, regulations, guidelines, reservation policy, benefits for In-
service candidates, rural posting (if applicable) etc.
3. Who will be conducting the counseling for State quota seats/Private Dental
Counseling for various categories of State quota seats shall be conducted by the
concerned State Medical Directorate/Counseling authority(s) of the State/UT.
4. How many seats shall be available for all States?
Candidates are advised to visit www.dciindia.org.in for the latest information about
various MDS courses & seats available at various Dental Colleges/Institutions.
FORMAT OF NEET-MDS
1. What is the testing format for NEET-MDS 2019?
NEET-MDS shall be conducted on computer-based test (CBT) platform. This is not
an Internet-based test, i.e. a candidate does not take the test over the Internet.
Instead of reading the questions from a paper booklet and darkening the ovals in an
answer sheet, a candidate will now read the questions on a computer screen and
choose an answer by using a mouse to click on the appropriate option.
2. How is the computer-based format different from the paper and pencil format?
The only difference is in the way the questions are presented, and how responses are
3. Can I take the exam from any computer?
No, a candidate will have to test take the exam on a pre-assigned workstation, in the
testing venue chosen by him/her during the time of registration.
EXAM DURATION & PATTERN
1. What is the duration of the exam?
The exam duration is 3 hours and will be conducted on a single section. Candidates will
also need to accept a non-disclosure agreement(NDA)before beginning the exam.
2. How many questions will there be?
There will be a total of 240 questions.
3. Can I move back and forth between the questions?
Yes, candidates will have the option to navigate between the questions via the
4. What type of questions will there be?
The exam will only contain multiple choice questions, each with four (4) options and
only one (1) correct response.
5. What is the syllabus / course on which the exam would be based?
The syllabus for the exam shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the
subjects/syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised
BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
1. When will the NEET – MDS 2019 be conducted?
NEET-MDS will be conducted on 14th Dec 2018.
2. What is the timing for the testing session?
Time for examination session is from 03:00 PM to 6:00PM.
3. How do I pay for the exam?
The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway
provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through
Internet Banking. For more information, please visit the website www.nbe.edu.in.
The online registration begins on 16th October and ends on 6th November 2018.
4. What is the last day for application?
The online submission of application form opens on 16th October and closes on 06th November 2018.
5. Is there a restriction on what can be entered within the address fields during
the online registration?
Yes, you need to limit each address line to 30 characters including spaces. You may
make use of Address line 1, 2 and 3 in case of longer addresses. Special characters
6. Can I change my exam center (city/venue)?
No, you will not be allowed to change your test city once you have completed your
online registration process. Please select your preferred choice carefully based on
the availability shown to you at the time of your submission of online application form.
1. What is the reporting time for the exam?
Candidates must arrive at their assigned test centre two (2) hours before their
scheduled test start time. If the test begins at 3:00 PM, you must reach the reporting
counter at test centre at 1:00 PM. This will allow for security checks, identity
verification and check-in. The reporting counter will close 30 minutes prior to the
exam start time. Candidates who arrive late will not be allowed to take the exam.
2. What do I need to bring to the test centre?
Candidates must bring to the test centre the following documents:
1. Printed copy of the Admit Card with photo pasted on it AND
2. Photocopy of the Permanent or Provisional SDC/DCI registration*, to be retained
by the test centre AND
3. Any one of the following authorized photo IDs** (must be valid/original and non
• PAN Card • Driving License • Voter ID • Passport
• Aadhaar Card (with photograp)
3. Does the name appearing on the photo identification need to match the one
shown on the Admit Card?
The name on the photo identification must match the name as shown on the Admit
Card. If your name has been changed due to events such as marriage, candidate
must show the relevant document mentioned below at the time of the exam:
• Marriage Certificate
• Divorce Decree
• Legal Name Change Document
4. Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled break during the test but candidates are allowed to go
to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the invigilator. Note that the on-screen
timer will continue running during restroom breaks.
5. What will I be provided with during the exam?
At the test centre, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal.
A blank scratch paper will be provided in case any rough work is to be done. On
completion of the exam, candidates will have to hand over the scratch paper and
stationery back to the invigilator.
6. How do I know when the exam time has ended?
There will be an on-screen timer on the top right corner of your screen which will count
down from 3 hours. Candidates are advised to check this timer regularly and allocate their
7. Will I be able to leave early if I finish the exam before the allocated exam time
No, candidates will not be allowed to leave until the entire duration of the exam is up
with the exception of genuine medical conditions.
Scoring & Results
1. When will the result be declared?
The result will be declared by 15 January, 2019.
2. What are the types of results for NEET – MDS 2019?
a) NEET-MDS 2019 rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate
amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET MDS 2019
b) All India 50% quota rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidat
amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET MDS 2019 for Al
India 50% quota and is valid only for All India 50% quota Post Graduate MDS
Courses (2019 admission session).
c) All India 50% quota Category Rank: This is the overall merit position of the
candidate in the category (OBC/SC/ST) as opted by the candidate in the NEET
MDS 2019 for All India 50% quota and is valid only for All India 50% quota Post
Graduate MDS Courses 2019 admission session only.
3. How long are my results valid for?
The validity of the result of NEET – MDS 2019 shall be only for the current admission
session i.e. 2019 admission session for MDS courses and cannot be carried forward
for the next session of admissions for MDS courses.
1. In case I missed registrations during the registration window, can I still register
for NEET – MDS 2019?
No, you can only register for NEET – MDS 2019 from 16 October 2018 –
th 6 November 2019. No exceptions will be permitted.
2. If I do not get my Admit Card, who should I contact?
Admit card will be issued to the candidate once testing venue has been allotted to the
candidate by NBE in the city chosen by the candidate during online registration.
Candidates are likely to get their admit card on their registered email ID approximately
4 days before the examination day. Candidates will be informed through SMS alerts
and Public Notice regarding availability of the admit card on their registered email ID.
Candidates are required to download their admit card from their registered email ID
and affix their latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the admit card.
Admit card will not be sent to the candidates by Post.
3. In case the website does not work and I am unable to register myself, how
should I register?
If the registration website is not accessible for any reason, please close your Internet
browser and try again. You can register for and your test any time between
st the 16 October 2018 – 06 November 2018.
4. If my registration window does not work, whom should I contact?
Please contact the NBE Candidate Care on 1800 11 1700 & 1800 11 1800 (Toll Free).